The Center is located on the 3rd floor East of the 84th Anniversary Building.It renders patients the following services:
1. Provide treatment to the patient before, during and after the GI Endoscopy and follow-up.
2. Coordinating the appointment between the OPD and the in-patient ward so that the patient can receive the GI Endoscopy examination as ordered by the doctor.
3. Provide advice to patients to physically and mentally prepare them for their procedures, to decrease their anxiety and to prevent complications during or after the endoscopy.
4. Provide patients with information on the cost of the endoscopy, so they can prepare for the expenses incurred or use their health plan according to their right like the social security, the universal coverage scheme, the government officials’ retirement plan, the four chronic diseases or paying on their own expense. These measures have been adopted to prevent the occurrence of patients’ dissatisfaction.
5. Contacting the hospital that refers the patient for the GI endoscopy to inform the patients about the necessary physical and mental preparations , their health plan coverage, as well as necessary devices for GI endoscopy.
6. Cooperation with the GI Association of Thailand and the GI Endoscopy Club in organizing workshops for local and international physicians.
7. Receiving treatment in one of the most excellent centers throughout Thailand and South-East Asia.
- Contact an officer to get a new hospital card at the medical record room (#100), 1st floor of the OPD Building.
- See the gastroenterologist at the Medicine examination room on the 2nd floor of the OPD Building or at the Surgery examination room on the 3rd floor of the OPD Building or at the Pediatric examination room, 1st floor of Princess Mahachakri Building.
- After the examination and if further investigation is needed, the doctor will send the patient to the receptionist of the GI Endoscopy Center ( 3rd floor of the 84th anniversary Building) along with his medical file, the request form and the consent form ( already signed by the doctor). There, the patient will receive a health condition assessment, a suggestion on how to prepare himself before the examination and an appointment card for his procedure.